Welcome to our Parish Profile page
In this page, we set out a description of our church, our parish and our mission. We pray this will form a good basis for helping you to discern God’s will for your future ministry.
If you are not a member of the clergy, we hope the information below might also help you to decide if Newhills Church is a place for you to enquire about, to start or to continue your journey of faith.
- Parish Profile. Our main document giving an overview of our congregation, its mission and our Parish.
The following give additional information to supplement the main Profile document.
- Newhills Manse schedule
- Video of a Family Fun Day. Our Stables complex has a sheltered garden area to the rear. We are able to host “Fun Days” and barbecues. The video presents a montage of photos from a recent event.
- Local Church Review: 5 Year Plan. From our most recent review in 2017, we drew up this document to show our plan and the drivers that can assist this,
- Parish Statistics. An overview of our parish taken from the 2011 census.
- The Living Well Project. The Living Well Project was set up by Newhills Church in 2010, with the aim of supporting isolated and vulnerable people in the community of North Aberdeen. The Trustees are members of Newhills Church. It offers a Befriending Service where volunteers are matched on a one-to-one basis, with an older person. The Living Well Cafés provide social support for those affected by memory loss and dementia, their families and carers; these are hosted at Newhills and also in three other churches in Aberdeen.
- Google Maps link. From here you can see our location, but also, through the ‘Street View’ see a bit more of our surrounding area.